Co-founder & CTO - SaaS for e-commerce
Participation : Supérieur à 25%
Publiée le 29/01/19
Description de l'offre
1) Are you an experienced full-stack developer looking for a co-founder position ?
2) Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, hoping to build a global startup ?
3) Are you highly-driven, resilient and ambitious ?
THE STORY BEHIND RECOHERO :
My name is Ambroise, I’m an entrepreneur who worked with multi-millions startups in Europe, after a scientific baccalaureat and 7 year studies (electronic engineering + business). My profile and background are oriented towards sales and marketing (B2C & B2B) with strong management skills. In 2016, I founded RecoHero, with the vision to digitalise word-of-mouth recferrals for e-commerce businesses worldwide, in order to make the online purchase process more reliable, interactive and rewarding (cash-back).
THE PROBLEM FOR E-COMMERCE SITES:
1) High acquisition costs and speculative ROI :
Marketing costs escalate as e-commerce sites go through expensive and speculative acquisition channels to drive traffic to their stores in today’s competitive market.
2) Low customer retention :
The customer’s lifetime value is poor for small to middle e-commerce stores.
3) Low affiliate referrals conversion rates:
Affiliation is one of the channels with the lowest conversation rate in e-commerce, as there is a lack of value for the recommended buyer. The system has been operating in the same way since 2005 and needs to be renewed.
RecoHero digitalises word-of-mouth recommendations for e-commerce, where buyers can recommend purchases to friends. All customers receive a cash-back percentage, which increases for every new buyer.
1) ROI positive acquisition:
E-commerce sites enjoy a no-risk communication channel and equally re-distribute the acquisition cost to its customers, through cash-back calculated on their floor price.
2) Increased satisfaction/retention rates:
The cash-back is an incentive for customers to purchase again on the site rather than on competing sites.
3) Higher conversion rates:
90% of word-of-mouth referrals lead to a purchase. In a group of friends with common interests, satisfied customers are the best sellers !
HOW IT WORKS:
Right after making an order on the e-commerce site, the customer can recommend the purchased product to friends through a referral link. If a friend buys the product through the link, they both receive a cash-back on the product’s price. Everytime a new customer buys the same product through the same link, the cash-back percentage increases. All involved customers receive the same cash-back amount.
WHAT HAS BEEN DONE SO FAR:
We raised €130K+ in 2017 and launched our MVP (e-commerce site with optimised referral system). The success on the B2B side was strong and grasped investors’ interests, we therefore decided to restructure the team and pivot towards a B2B model.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join us as CTO and build the SaaS product from A to Z. You will have total freedom over the choice of tech stack, architecture as well as tech team.
This is a long-term co-founder position. You’ll work closely with the CEO/CMO and lead the team of developers. Collaboration will be remote using collaboration tools.
The product is a SaaS driven by an API to connect with e-commerce stores, through plugins available on different CMS stores. Precise features and roadmap will be discussed with applicants.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17th of February, 2019
Due to the high number of applications, please apply if your profile matches the requirements below :
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, software engineering, IT degree(s)
- 5+ years experience full stack experience
- 4+ years experience in database programming and APIs development/integration
- 3+ years experience in SSL integration, CDN, DDos protection and security gateway
- 3+ years experience in plugin development on Wordpress, Prestashop, Shopify and Magento
- 3+ years experience in shared hosting deployment
- Basic knowledge and understanding of technical requirements of Internet marketing, SEO and tools integration
- Perfectly spoken and written english, other languages are a plus
- Previous experience with MERN stack not mandatory but highly prefered
YOUR ROLES :
- Developing a long-term technical roadmap with the CEO and development team
- Developing, implementing and deploying new features for the product
- Working with the CEO to optimize, manage and maintain our tech infrastructure and architecture to high quality standards
- Being up-to-date on tech standards, trends, new technologies & best practices
- Being able to train, onboard and manage new team members
WHAT YOU GET :
- The ability to take ownership in a project of your own from the start
- The ability to take action and make all tech-related decisions
- A young, highly dedicated and ambitious team, where team collaboration is highly valued
COMPENSATION : 25 to 40% equity allocated through milestones + competitive fixed salary after second round of funding.